Upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6 and dB location
Posted by Henry Gage on 06 January 2010 08:24 PM
Regarding: Upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6 and dB location|
Keywords: dB, upgrade, 3.5, 3.6, .bk
Question: I just renewed for another year.
Then I updated the software from 3.5 to 3.6.
Then I went back to version 3.5 to backup the database for transfer to the new environment.
The old database is gone, can't find it anywhere. No accounts, no transactions.
The only .bk I can find is 6kb and appears to be empty.
3.5 and 3.6 are installed in different directories so the original data is retained. It is likely that you have two icons on your desktop. One for the 3.5 and one for the 3.6 version. Also if you look in the following directory you can see the folders for each installed version: C:\Program Files\Sync Essentials
1. Close TAPro
2. Look in the folder: C:\Program Files\Sync Essentials
3. Select the folder for version 3.5
4. Locate the file tapro.exe and launch that (or select the desktop icon for 3.5)
5. Select File/Save As Backup
6. Save the file where you can easily find it
7. Close TAPro
8. Launch the 3.6 version and select File/Open...