Display Descriptions in Place of Symbols in the Schedule D1
Posted by Henry Gage on 22 September 2010 07:10 PM
Subject: Display Descriptions in Place of Symbols in the Schedule D1|
Is it possible to get TA to show the company name on Schedule D-1 instead of the company's stock symbol?
The simple answer is... not with with a preference setting.
The longer answer is yes, if you are willing to edit the symbol information. Keep in mind that symbols are used to match the trades so you will want to use the same information for all similar trades.
To edit symbols do the following:
1. Make a backup of your data - File/Save As
2. Export the symbols - File/Export Symbols
3. Open the file and change the name using Excel
4. Import the file using - File/import Symbols
5. For each symbol change the assignment using - Edit/Symbol(s) Rename