Migrating Data From 3.6.01 to 3.7.00, follow these steps:
Visit our product site or support site to download version 3.7.
1. Launch version 3.6.01 and select File/Save As Backup
2. It is also helpful to: select File/Export Symbol Details
3. It is also helpful to: select File/Export Transaction History
4. Download and install 3.7
5. Launch version 3.7 (during the first launch it builds the dB)
6. Select File/Open (Restore Backup)/Replace with TA 3.X
a) If you want to add data to existing data then use File/Open (Restore Backup)/Append From
b) If you want to start with an empty data base use File/New
c) When you launch new then old versions of TA this can result in some confusion because it also references the registry to confirm the current version of the database.
d) If you encounter the message "Can't Initialize Database" then TA has become confused look for a backup copy of data in a folder similar to the following:
C:\Program Files\Sync Essentials\TradeAccountantPRO_3.7.00\ta_data_files
During major changes TA creates a backup copy of data and places it in this folder.
Read more »